Global SEO Case Study for Ecommerce
Global SEO Strategy Increases Revenue Generation Pages Visibility for Ecommerce Brand
“Old school SEO” still thrives in an ever changing world of search. As search engines update and add to algorithms to improve the search experience, focus tends to shift to these new ways to optimize for SEO.
New ways to optimize are always fun and exciting to bring to clients, but sometimes a simple approach is best to boost your ecommerce website. Our focus for Turtle Beach was to leverage fundamental SEO tactics like page optimization, technical website improvements and backlink outreach every month to create a sustainable foundation to scale their global SEO efforts into the future.
Our Agency Role in SEO:
Increase rankings for highest volume keyword
Increase in rankings for highest CPC keyword
Keywords on Page 1 of Google
Minimum increase in rankings of all keywords
A Winning Global SEO Strategy
We developed a global SEO strategy to align keywords with intent, funnel relevance to revenue generating landing pages, and outreach to amplify signals for Google.
We targeted hundreds of keywords within target markets with high search volume and high CPC with a goal to improve organic visibility for Turtle Beach, therefore supporting ecommerce revenue growth.
- We supported US, Canada, Spain, Italy, France, UK and Germany with local, high intent keyword mapping and local backlink acquisition.
- Our development team supports their global Shopify Plus infrastructure of 13 websites across various regions. Our SEO team collaborated daily to impact Technical SEO areas like Page Speed, Core web-vitals, AHREF, schema, crawling, indexing, rendering, and website architecture.
Below is a sample of data.
Our SEO Results:
- Out of 25,000 keywords, 50% made it to page one after 3 quarters of work.
- All keywords tracked improved by +68%, at least.
- A low volume, high CPC keyword moved from unranked to position 11.
- The highest volume keywords moved from pages 5-10 to the middle of page 2 (eg. ranking position 15, from 51).
How did we do that? Great question.
We focused on fundamental global SEO strategies, using best practice SEO tactics targeting the right intent keywords for specific landing pages and outreach to build links in support of increasing signals to Google.
At first, we researched keywords to identify which keywords to attack. Then we made sure we localized keywords/content to each region/market. Next we optimized pages with these keyword targets in mind. In some cases, there were multiple pages that “could” work for ranking in search results. This led us to use canonical tags to define one page as the main page, naturally we chose the revenue generation page.
The final and most important element was outreach to build links. Creating articles for bloggers allowed us to easily send bloggers a post that they simply post on their blog. Very minimal effort from bloggers which is great for everyone. Continuous outreach allowed us to find bloggers that were interested in working with us to publish content for Turtle Beach.
These fundamental global SEO strategies have shown stunning results in improving organic search rankings.